So at this year’s EVO 2013 (the Evolution Championship Series), an annual event that focuses exclusively on fighting game tournaments, announced a new game in the Street Fighter IV series. Ultra Street Fighter IV is its name.
So what’s new about it? Well, let’s check out these features:
- New Characters: Five new characters, including: Poison, Hugo, Elena, and Rolento, join the fight, complete with their own unique play styles, bringing the current roster count to a massive 44 characters.
- New Stages: Six new battle environments: Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility, have been added for even more visual variety.
- Rebalanced Gameplay: Direct fan feedback was gathered on all of Super Street Fighter IV AE’s original 39 characters and core system mechanics in order to achieve the most balanced Street Fighter ever.
- New Modes and Features: Yet to be announced brand new modes and features further add to the suite of gameplay options.
- Disc and Digital Delivery: Available as both a downloadable upgrade and full retail product, making it easy for veterans and newcomers to experience the fight of the century.
- Complete DLC Costume Offering (retail or full download ver. only): Consumers who purchase the retail or full download version will also receive all previously released costume DLC for the Street Fighter IV series (a $40 value) for free, making it the most complete offering of the game ever!
If you own Super Street Fighter 4 or Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, you can download the update for $14.99. This will upgrade the game as is, with all your data intact. The other option would be to buy the disc version, which will give you all DLC costumes for all characters released until now, as well as future content (to be discussed in the future). This option is available for $39.99.
Don’t forget to check out Capcom Unity and the Ultra Street Fighter 4 site for more information in the future.
Check out the trailer, and let us know what you think of it all.
Courtesy of Capcom Unity
7,398 total views, 2 views today