Tasha Cosplay, this is your week in our COSPLAY SPOTLIGHT!!
1. Why do you cosplay?
I cosplay because I love to make costumes and dress as characters I admire. I also do it because it’s fun and i meet new people.
2. What was your first cosplay?
My first cosplay was Xena Warrior Princess.
3. Do you make your own cosplay costumes, if so, which ones, and how long does an average costume take to make?
I make my own costumes and i do it after work and a weekends so it can often take many weeks to make a costume.
4. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?
5. Amongst animation, comics, movies, or video games, what is your biggest inspiration for cosplay?
Even though my first cosplay I was inspired by tv I am now often inspired by computer games as the designs are so interesting and detailed.
6. Have you ever made any mistakes that you’d warn a first timer about?
A mistake is always to make your costume and then wear it straight to an event without doing a ‘test’ wear at home first as you can have issues such as it starting to fall apart or realise it is not practical to move around in etc.
7. Are there certain characters that are easier to cosplay as than others?
All lara croft photos are by Big Guy Slim
Full length xena and Zatanna are by Big Guy Slim
Close shot of xena and the EGX shot of Nidalee are by Matt Geary Photography
Poison and Black Widow are by Paper Cube
Kitty Cat Katarina is by The Winn Team
Close Storm is Shinganimi photography
The full length storm photo is unknown