1. What is your cosplay name?
My cosplay name is Gothic Rose Cosplay. The name is a reference to my major in college which is Art History. Gothic architecture is my area of specialize and the rose window is a main feature of gothic architecture. Another reason I chose the name is that it references the effect that a rose window gives when the sun shines through it because to me it is similar to the sight of the cosplayers that come together and all the beautiful colors and all the different individuals that are present in one location.
2. Where are you from?
I am originally from Centreville, Virginia but I am living in Chesapeake, Virginia currently.
3. How long have you been cosplaying?
I have been cosplaying for ten years. My friends introduced me to the world of cosplay soon after I moved to Chesapeake. My first cosplay was Jean Grey from X-Men and I have been hooked ever since.
4. What is about cosplay that you like?
I have always been a plus sized and I know that I am not alone, so what I like about cosplay is that everyone can cosplay no matter your race, religion, weight, height, or background. I like to see all the kinds of people getting together for a common interest.
5. What is your favorite experience about cosplay?
Well my favorite experience happens every time I cosplay, for me cosplay is more than a hobby, I continue to cosplay because when I started I realized that I had more self-confidence, which in turn makes me feel better about myself when I am in cosplay. I also view cosplay as an escape mechanism because of events that have happened in my past and those events currently happening and I started to use cosplay as a kind of therapy. It makes me very happy to see everyone getting along and the drama feels to be at a minimum. I get enough drama in my personal life and I am at my breaking point, but when I am in cosplay I see happiness and peace and it gives me a nice break from reality.
6. Outside of cosplay, what is your favorite thing to do?
Outside of cosplay, I enjoy helping others and I volunteer my time a lot, especially at conventions (Yes, choose to staff at conventions, rather than being a regular convention attendee, I just prefer it and I still get to cosplay, so I get to cosplay while helping others, I feel like I am on Cloud Nine). Helping others gives me the same feeling that I get when I cosplay and I feel so much better about myself.
7. Where can we find out more about you?
I know it has not been updated recently, but work has kept me super busy. I do have a website. It is http://darkuchihagirl.wix.com/alliephoenix.
- Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist), Photo Taken by: Lynn Hegan (My Mother)
- Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Photo Taken by: Tiffany Priest
- Claude Frollo- Genderbend (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Photo taken by: Yenra Photography
- Rei Miyamoto (High School of the Dead), Photo taken by: Otakon
- Lulubell (D.Gray-Man), Photo taken by: Otakon
- Caitlyn (League of Legends), Photo taken by: Otakon
- Nemu Kurotsuchi (Bleach), Photo taken by: Otakon
- Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach), Photo taken by: Otakon